|Total Training Time||35|
|Missile/Ranged||Semi-missile: acts like a melee weapon. Damage type: Piercing.|
|Strengths||Cutting (-50%), Blunt (-50%), Fire (-75%), Explosive (-50%), Magical (-50%)|
|Prerequisite||Peasant (Wolf) trains at Wolves' Den.|
|Passive||Master of the Pack: Much like Wildeye, Packmaster can call three pack of wolves to his side instead of just one.
Regeneration: The unit can naturally heal to full health and does so slightly faster than normal.
|"I have not the jaws of the Wolf, nor the ferocity, or the speed… but I do have friends."|
— Pack Master
The Pack Master is a unit of the Wolf Clan.
The relationship of the Wolf Clan to its totem animal is far from symbolic. Certainly, clan members seek to emulate the best qualities of the wolf - strength, endurance, and loyalty - but they also worship the spirit of the Wolf, and believe themselves close kin to these quiet stalkers of the woods.
A Pack Master is something like a priest, a ranger and a combat instructor in one. He communes freely with wild wolves, speaking their language, living with them, and establishing their respect. Once a month, the Pack Master leaves his village to run with his pack beneath the full moon, usually returning with his face and hands covered in the dried blood of the kill. The Pack Master shares equally in the wolves' hunts and feasts, counting this the greatest pleasure attainable by a mere human.
In battle, the Pack Master fights with bestial strength and courage. His wolves pose a greater danger, as they stand ready to rip the throats from any who dare harm their master.
|Can be granted by Druidess' Blessing.||Requirements: Shalery|
|With the blessing of the Druidess, the Pack Master is granted the true voice of the Wolf. No matter how far away from his den, or how beleaguered by enemies, he can summon companions to his side as long as any remain alive.||All Wolf units may adorn themselves in thick armor made of shale, greatly boosting defense against most types of damage.|
- "Let's hunt!"
- "On the scent"
- "On the trail"
- "Let's go!"
- "Shred them!"
- "Get them!"
- "Fangs of Death!"
- "Claws of Pain!"
- "Seek 'em!"
- "There's no escape!"
- "Now you die!"
- "Fear the Wolf!"
- "Know our fury!"
- "Haha! Fresh meat!"
- "We.. heal..."
- 'Tend my wounds!"
- "My wolves..."
- The Pack Master belies his appearance; he actually has one of the weakest melee attacks in the game. In fact, if you are to look up at the Battle Realms Data Editor, his melee attack is the same as the Dragon's Geisha: a blunt "Geisha Punch".
- The Pack Master has a hidden semi-missile (listed as missile, but has a very short range) weapon - Wolf Bite, a piercing melee weapon shared with Pack Wolves:
- Wolf Bite is used if the enemy he's engaging in combat is running away or attacking another unit (thus ignoring combat with the packmaster).
- The dev team might've originally intended it to be a test-weapon to address the ignore-combat issue when units can build/shoot/attack while ignoring melee attackers. But it was only given to PackMaster in the end, either accidentally or intentionally.
- Because of the Pack Master's attack angle, Wolf Bite may kill riders while leaving horses untouched.
- Because the Pack Master has a missile weapon, AI will sometimes put one on Watchtower.
|Battle Realms Units|
|Peasants||Dragon • Serpent • Lotus • Wolf • Golem|
|Dragon||Tier I||Spearman • Archer • Chemist • Geisha • Guardian|
|Tier II & III||Dragon Warrior • Kabuki Warrior • Powder Keg Cannoneer • Battle Maiden • Samurai|
|Serpent||Tier I||Swordsman • Crossbowman • Musketeer • Fan Geisha • Enforcer|
|Tier II & III||Bandit • Raider • Cannoneer • Witch (Demoness) • Ronin|
|Lotus||Tier I||Blade Acolyte • Leaf Disciple • Staff Adept • Channeler • Reaper|
|Tier II, III, IV||Unclean One • Infested One • Diseased One • Overseer • Warlock • Master Warlock|
|Wolf||Tier I||Brawler • Hurler • Mauler • Druidess • Pack Master • Digger|
|Tier II, III, IV||Ballistaman • Sledger • Pitch Slinger • Dryad • Berserker • Werewolf|
|Summoned Units||Keep||Monk • Ninja|
|Summoned||Spirit Warrior • Zombie • Shambler • Wolf • Spirit Wolf|
|Neutral Units||Horse • Wolf • Hordeling • Shale Spider|