|Strengths||Fire (-75%), Magic (-50%), Blunt (-50%), Piercing (-25%)|
|"To live is to serve. To serve is to live."|
These enigmatic men and women have lived in the land since long before the Breaking, studying their arts and training for physical perfection. As avatars of the Yang-principle, they stand in silent opposition by the ninja, with whom they are eternally at war with.
They stand above the current political struggles, but will take a hand whenever they feel a conflict is being fought in the name of yang. They fight unarmed, depending on superb athleticism and secret barehand fighting techniques.
|Monks understand their bodies to a degree we can scarcely imagine; when hurt, they can enter a focused trance to rest and heal at a rapid rate.|
- Like other Zen Masters, Monks grow more powerful in accordance with how many Yang points the player currently has. If the player has no Yang points, the Monks will remain at average strength. If the player has the maximum amount of Yang points the Monks will become significantly stronger, however.
- Monks can detect stealthed Ninjas and Bandits and will automatically engage them.
- In the Kenji's Journey campaign, it is possible to recruit either Ninjas or Monks, regardless of which clan Kenji belongs to.
- Monks have 340 HP.
- "To serve is to live"
- "To live is to serve"
- "Your words are true"
- "Your words are just"
- "Teach them faith"
- "Your enemies are dust"
- "Bring them pain"
- "Your will be done"
- "It is done"
- "The next life"
- "Thank you"
- "My only friend.... the end"
- "The next.... life..."
- "This is... the end...."
- "We'll meet... again...."
|Battle Realms Units|
|Peasants||Dragon • Serpent • Lotus • Wolf • Golem|
|Dragon||Tier I||Spearman • Archer • Chemist • Geisha • Guardian|
|Tier II & III||Dragon Warrior • Kabuki Warrior • Powder Keg Cannoneer • Battle Maiden • Samurai|
|Serpent||Tier I||Swordsman • Crossbowman • Musketeer • Fan Geisha • Enforcer|
|Tier II & III||Bandit • Raider • Cannoneer • Witch (Demoness) • Ronin|
|Lotus||Tier I||Blade Acolyte • Leaf Disciple • Staff Adept • Channeler • Reaper|
|Tier II, III, IV||Unclean One • Infested One • Diseased One • Overseer • Warlock • Master Warlock|
|Wolf||Tier I||Brawler • Hurler • Mauler • Druidess • Pack Master • Digger|
|Tier II, III, IV||Ballistaman • Sledger • Pitch Slinger • Dryad • Berserker • Werewolf|
|Summoned Units||Keep||Monk • Ninja|
|Summoned||Spirit Warrior • Zombie • Shambler • Wolf • Spirit Wolf|
|Neutral Units||Horse • Wolf • Hordeling • Shale Spider|